Welcome to Running with Grace. I’m Heather, and I’m a RunJunkie.
I came to running later in life, because I started out as a swimmer, competing in high school, but then ultimately leaving sports for music. In 2004, I used my swim background to my advantage, and I participated in my first triathlon: the Danskin Women’s Triathlon. I was hooked! For the next few years, I would participate in a few sprint tris, when I started thinking about bigger races and longer distances.
After becoming a mom in 2008, I went through a rough patch. My marriage dissolved, and I turned to running to relieve the stress and cope with the emotional turmoil. Running became a retreat – a safe space for me to let my emotions go and take care of myself.
Since then, I continued in Triathlon, completing several Sprint and Olympic distances, and then moved on to a 70.3 and a full 140.6 mile Ironman. In the midst of all that, though, running became my passion – my go-to workout.
Through this journey, I’ve learned so much about how to train, injury, fueling, and so much more, and I want to share those lessons with others. I love running. I love talking about running. I love connecting with other members of this tribe, whether they are brand new to the sport, or are seasoned veterans.
So come along with me on this awesome ride as I share my stories, advice, and the ups and downs of daily living while trying to manage that crazy runner in my head. Thank you for being here.
- January – RunDisney Dopey Challenge: 5k, 10k, Half-marathon (cancelled) , full marathon, Walt Disney World, Florida
- March – Rocky Mountain Brew Pub 5k (Current PR), Littleton, CO
- May – Bolder Boulder 10k (course PR), Boulder, CO
- July – Prairie Dog Half-marathon, Castle Rock, CO
2015 – 2016:
- May – Bolder Boulder 10k, Boulder, CO, ’16
- June – Ironman Coeur d’Alene, Idaho, ’15
- November – RunDisney Avengers Superhero Weekend, Disneyland, California, ’15
- January – Rock & Roll Arizona Marathon
- August – DNS at Ironman Boulder
- October – Rock & Roll Denver Half-marathon (PR)
- June – Boulder Sunrise Sprint Triathlon
- July – Boulder Peak Olympic Distance Triathlon (Course PR)
- August – Boulder Ironman 70.3
2010 – 2012:
- Rattlesnake Olympic Triathlon (course PR), ’12
- Rock & Roll Denver Half-marathon, ’12
- Rattlesnake Olympic Triathlon, ’10
2004 – 2006:
- Danskin Women’s Triathlon, ’06
- Boulder Peak Olympic Triathlon
- Danskin Women’s Triathlon, ’05
- Tri for the Cure Women’s Triathlon
- Danskin Women’s Triathlon, ’04
DISCLAIMER. I am not a nutritionist, certified coach, physical therapist, or doctor. My “expertise” comes from years of running and triathlon, making my own mistakes and learning from them. I encourage you to find what works for you, and if you are unsure, check with a dietary or exercise professional. I offer tips, tricks, and thoughts that might help you, but my aim is to encourage you along your journey. Please feel free to follow me on any of the social media links below, or email me with any questions or concerns. I will occasionally include affiliate links in some of my posts.